Thursday, December 2, 2010

Enemy Addon

After years of manually loading curse addons, I finally broke down and installed their curse client.  The process was painless and made picking and choosing addons to try relatively painless.

The one addon I found to try and use as a Warrior Priest was the Enemy addon.  It has several different capabilities...most of which still confuse me as I work my way through them.  It counts the number of kills per side per BO and Keep in an area...which is nice to see a historical view of where the fighting has been the heaviest.

Enemy also has a unit frames section that can be used to replace the Squared addon if desired.  So far I like their version a lot...it provides a huge amount of customizable information in a small space.  I've added a screen shot of the unit frames in a warband.




The block also "grays" out some if the character reaches extreme ranges.  The only problem this has, it does not remove the default WB interface place holders...and I haven't figured out a way to remove them.  It also supports the location of the person on mouse over, just like the default Warband unit frame does.  I found this very helpful for my WP see if my group was within group heal range before firing off my heal.

The most exciting thing this addon does for me is add class icons over the head of everyone in your warband.  Also, the icons over your group's heads are larger than the icons over the rest of the warband.  This tool GREATLY eased my burden of finding my group and keeping them in range.  It was also helpful when running multiple warbands together.  Finding and keeping my warband in sight made my job a whole lot easier.  Below is a picture of the icon.




I know some may already have their UI modified beyond all recognition, but if you don't...and you’re a support class, this might be an addon for you to look at using.

4 comments:

  1. If you want to remove the unit frames from the default warband try downloading Phantom. Nice writeup on Enemy. I recently discovered it myself and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume Phantom is on www.curse.com? I'll try and take a look at it. Thanks for the help. Glad you like the write up...I REALLY like the warband icons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant. I've posted a link to this on my guild forum for everyone to read as we all use the add-on as standard for marking targets

    yeah phantom is on curse, its really really handy for removing almost any part of the default ui

    Another thing to note with enemy is that it also shows when certain morales are used (focused mind and immaculate defence spring to mind), when creating your unit frames, you need to leave around a 40px space between each column in order to fit the graphic in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, Enemy is a great addon. The group icons and marking allies/enemies are two things that are incredibly useful in all kinds of teamplay.

    ReplyDelete